Feeder Remote Terminal Unit (FRTU)
The Feeder Remote Terminal Unit (FRTU) monitors all sub-station equipment and acquires data from all incoming and outgoing feeders on a real-time basis. It captures status signals of devices and conducts automatic data logging to provide substation level control. In addition, it monitors entire substation equipment, viz., breakers, transformers, feeders, batteries, transducers, energy meters, etc., thus facilitating energy management, load forecasting and scheduling, and eventually leading to substation automation.
FRTU is equipped with appropriate acquisition and data management software and interfaces like LAN and/or GPRS/4G to work as a full-fledged SCADA system.
- IEC 60870-5-101 and IEC 60870-5-104 protocols used to transmit data from substations to master control centres
- Diagnostic software for continuous monitoring of the FRTU and reporting of hardware errors to the connected master stations
- Database configuration and maintenance software tool for database modification, configuration, and data downloads
- GPRS/GSM/4G used to transmit data
- Generates custom reports for aggregation, analysis and creation of MIS reports
- Auto detects devices and performs device checks using the required baud rate and protocol stack
- Reads data from different device makes/models with varying standards of communication protocols
- 0.5 to 1.0 m sec digital data scanning resolution and time stamping
- User friendly configuration tool for ease of configuration and management
- Devices that can interface with FRTU include sub-station batteries, transducers, breakers, switches, transformers, isolators, feeder meters and sensors
- Data can be integrated with the sub-station monitoring system (SCADA)