Feeder Monitoring Unit (FMU)
The System would help DISCOM for monitoring, proper planning, decision support and taking corrective actions on the business activities in addition to transparently disseminating the power supply status.
The proposed equipment shall read and collect operational and electrical data from both incoming and outgoing feeders, read feeder status and transfer the collected data to the central server using quad band GSM and GPRS modules. One FMU can handle eight feeder units. All eight inputs are optically isolated.
- Feeder On/Off monitoring from the breaker auxiliary contacts and also from NC/NO
- Status input voltage can be 24V DC ( 48V/120V DC- Optional)
- 5KV optical isolation for status inputs
- Operates on DC power from station battery
- Time synchronizing with central server
- Low power consumption
- LED status indicators for Power, network operations
- Housed in IP51, Metal enclosure
- Simultaneous reading of eight different assets of a substation